Sunday 2 March 2014

Tube and Axe, Storms River

Tube and Axe is the hostel that I stayed at for two nights whilst I was in Storms River. It was ok as hostels go and I enjoyed the hammocks and the fire pit. The first day there was dominated by my bungee jump. I didn't really do much in the afternoon and evening afterwards, just lazed around the hostel chilling out. 

The entrance to the hostel. 

I am in love with these hammocks. 

The amazing fire pit where there was a large fire each night. 

The following day it rained heavily all day. I did plan to go on a hike to a waterfall in the Tsitsikamma National Park but didn't fancy my clumsiness and a lot of slippery rocks. However, after a few hours couped up in the hostel I began to feel restless. I ventured to the activity board to see what was on offer to alleviate my boredom. The last thing listed on the board was massage and it turns out there was a spa a couple of roads away. 

I couldn't resist it, the weather was so terrible and it was the perfect day to completely relax. I chose to have an hours treatment with a back and neck massage followed by a facial and finished with an Indian head massage. It was absolute bliss. The spa was in a secluded cabin in the gardens of a local hotel and the rain drummed on the roof as I received my treatments. Another great thing was the complimentary pot of tea, the first really nice tea I'd had in a while and I managed to squeeze three cups out of it. Delicious. 

Lush. 

View of the mountains by Storm's River from the Spa.

After my afternoon treat I was extremely mellow. The weather cleared up a bit so I gathered a blanket and a cushion and spent another afternoon in a hammock. It's a hard life. That evening I had a couple of lethal cocktails by the fire pit with some of the other guests before heading to bed. It was a bit more challenging getting into the top bunk that night but I managed. 

The next day we spent the morning waiting for the bus which was late again, no surprise there. It was only a short journey onto Plettenberg bay and thankfully, better weather. 

Until next time. 

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment