Saturday 22 March 2014

Montagu

Stopping in Montagu was a must for me as my Aunt and Uncle live in this area. I got the Baz Bus to Swellendam which is about an hour away from Montagu and so my Uncle Corrie met me there and drove me the rest of the way. We had a braai and a lovely relaxing evening with my cousin, her partner and family friends. It is always lovely to see some familiar faces and catch up with friends and family whilst travelling. It was also a treat not to be in a hostel dorm for a couple of evenings and a double bed.. I was in heaven!  

On the Saturday we went to a winery as Montagu is situated in a prominent wine valley. The place we visited was called Vijoensdrift and it was set next to a river and surrounded by mountains. We chose a lovely white wine and went to the deli to get some picnic items before going on a river cruise. It was beautiful and extremely relaxing to be in the sun, wind blowing gently as we made our way up and down the river.  




Following a lovely day in the sun I had to have a nap after sorting some washing out (finally). I spent the evening catching up with my cousin at a local bar over a few drinks which was a lot of fun. 


On the Sunday I was originally going to catch the Baz Bus back to Cape Town. However, it only runs in the evenings and Marlene and Corrie offered to drive me so we could visit my other cousin Nienke who lives in Cape Town. We had a lovely lunch together before heading into central Cape Town where I would be staying meaning that I didn't arrive stupidly late which I was extremely grateful for. 

It was a short but sweet stay and it was just a shame that I had to rush through. 

Until next time. 

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment