Sunday 2 March 2014

Albergo Backpackers, Plettenberg Bay

I arrived in Plettenberg Bay around 1pm on Tuesday 25th Februray and I was rather excited to explore as I have heard some wonderful things about the area, the beaches in particular. After wondering down Main Street and popping to the Spar for some dinner ingredients I headed down to Central Beach to spend my afternoon lazing on the softest sand ever. It was beautiful. Unfortunately the clouds came rolling in around 5pm so it was time for me to trek up the hill and up to the hostel.

A view of the bay from the gorgeous Central Beach.

A view of the bay from the walk down. 

I had a relaxed evening which was probably due to the fact my company was recovering drug and alcohol addicts so they couldn't drink anything. They were all from England and were extremely friendly making me feel welcome in the otherwise empty hostel. 

The hostel itself was pretty average. Thankfully it was clean but I'm glad I was only there for one night. The hammock filled garden was rather special though. 


I adored this decoration in reception. There was a whole wall of old school travel style posters and it was awesome.

Hammocks galore. 

Plettenberg Bay itself is beautiful but it was a bit quiet when I was there. Before I left on the Wednesday I headed down to the beach again in the morning. I passed the Old Rectory on my way and also got some photos of the bay and the lagoon. 

The rectory is to the right and in the distance you can see the lagoon to the left and the bay to the right. 

Beautiful weather in the morning but a bit hazy. 

A view of Central Beach through the greenery. 

The beach in the sunshine. 

It was in my way down the hill to the beach that I managed to fall over and cut my knee open, clumsy as usual. Seeing as I was already halfway there I carried on and decided the salt water would potentially do it some good and I wanted a swim anyway. I wasn't at the beach for long and managed to clean my knee up back at the hostel before the bus came along to whisk me away to Knysna.

It was an extremely quick visit to Plettenberg Bay and I would have liked to stay a bit longer but with a couple more people for company. It can get boring and lonely quickly if there are no new faces at the hostels, no matter how beautiful the scenery. 

Until next time. 

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment