Friday 17 January 2014

Last day in Pretoria

Today is my last full day in Pretoria and it promises to be a scorcher, 33C at 11am! I haven't done much over the last week, just chilled out with family and visited friends in Johannesburg for one night before coming back... with the hangover from hell. Oops.

Unfortunately, on Wednesday my Oupa was hospitalised and had to be operated on. Thankfully, everything went smoothly and we welcomed him back home this morning. It was so good to have him back, especially having been to visit him in hospital on the Thursday.

Me and Oupa before his visit to hospital. 

There was a huge thunderstorm this week, which was nice to break the heat for a while but it didn't last long. The clouds rolled in out of nowhere and thunder rumbled constantly for at least an hour until there was a huge downpour. It was spectacular and so much better than an English storm. Probably because it didn't last all day too.


That has been my week. Tonight we are going to have a braai (bbq) and just chill out and tomorrow I am heading north to Phalaborwa which is situated on the boundary of the Kruger National Park. I will be staying with family friends in that area for a week which I am looking forward too!

As for now I think I will make the most of the lovely weather and spend some time in the pool and some time with my Oupa.

Until next time. 

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment